Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cupcakes: A Birthday Bash and Baby Shower




'Tis the season for cupcakes in our household, thanks to several friends who wanted custom cupcakes for two special occasions. The first was a birthday bash for a glamour-puss nominated Member of Parliament that co-incided with a Pink Party for a certain mobile phone brand. The brief, naturally, was "Think Pink", so I spent a few days trawling through my books to come up with ideas for the cupcake tower. Butterflies, roses, gifts and periwinkles made it on my list, and in the end, they chose a pink tower of rose-themed cupcakes.

Truth be told, I was terrified that the fondant was not going to make it in this heat. It certainly didn't help that the party was held outdoors, by the beach on Sentosa. But they were only slightly worse for wear by the time the cake was cut.



The top tier is a moist chocolate cake covered in pink fondant and embellished with a hot pink ribbon, while the rest of the cupcakes were a strawberry sponge topped with royal icing and fondant roses. On top of these, I also made "eating" cupcakes. (While fondant cupcakes are pretty, I can't say they make for the best eating — I know only two people apart from children who like the overly sweet taste of fondant or royal icing).


Of course, these dessert cupcakes were in pink flavours — strawberry with fresh cream frosting, pink velvet with cream cheese frosting and rose with, well, rose frosting.



The following weekend, I had such fun creating these fondant cupcakes for a baby shower. I just love those mini booties and babies in a blanket.




21 Comments:

Blogger marias23 said...

How adorable! I love love love your fondant booties and little gifts. Very creative and beautiful! J'adore!

6:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too pretty to be savoured!

7:31 am  
Blogger Oh for the love of food! said...

OMG! A, these are the loveliest and most precious cupcakes I've ever seen. I really don't know which I love best -they are all equally gorgeous! The guests must have had a really hard time choosing. I must show the girls when they come home from school, they will be absolutely delighted!

11:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! These are pretty stunning. I didn't realize you were also doing bespoke pastry catering. Very cool.

3:40 pm  
Blogger Pille said...

Cutest babyshower cupcakes ever!!!

6:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute.

6:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are but the prettiest cupcakes I have seen!!! Just looking at them makes me smile :)

8:39 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love your cupcakes! They're really pretty.. I'm wondering, do you make any for sale?

3:19 pm  
Blogger Chefspiration said...

Those are beautiful cupcakes!! WOW!I'm speechless :)

5:09 pm  
Blogger Inne said...

All these cupcakes look incredibly adorable, Eggy! And the decorations are just too cute. I don't like eating those things at all - way too sweet - but I love looking at them.

10:43 pm  
Blogger Kevin Kossowan said...

Holy crap. That's a lot of work, and some serious talent, bundled into one.

11:38 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Your cupcakes look just amazing. They are some very lucky cupcake-receivers.

4:10 am  
Blogger Amrita said...

oH MY GOODNESS!

these are perfect! You're so talented!

3:59 pm  
Blogger turkiyaki said...

I'm always amazed with sugarpaste icing done in Singapore weather. That's just gorgeous!

Btw, as a hopeful suggestion, any chance you intend to put an RSS feed or similar on your blog? It's too good to not keep track of as a favourite!

11:41 am  
Blogger Big Boys Oven said...

Your cupcakes looks so beautiful!

9:27 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I was one of the guests at the Pink Pary Sentosa. Really love your pink frosting cream cheese cake. I'm hoping to order 20 for my birthday party on 25 Dec. Please advise costing

11:09 pm  
Blogger Loney Kitchen said...

Those cupcakes are the cutest!

7:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never seen anything of that kind!!! How did you do that? Looking at your cupcakes I regret that I am not able to cook them for the Birthday of my daughter in April. Well-done!!!!

7:48 pm  
Blogger Sophie said...

Your cupcakes are stunning :). The pink ones are so adorable! Your baking skills are evident in the beautiful pics you post :D.
Nice meeting you!

Sophie
Flour Arrangements

3:01 am  
Blogger inspire said...

Hi awesome cupcakes. do you cater too? these would be so perfect for the surprise baby shower i am planning for my dear friend this 30th may. plz do respond.

7:47 am  
Blogger Annette Tan said...

Hi, sorry, but I don't cater anymore.

9:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home